Email This Story :
- Myanmar Hackers attacked military-operated websites, including the Central Bank of Myanmar and Tatmadaw True News Information Team, yesterday (Feb 17) as a part of an anti-coup protests. Myanmar Hackers said on its Facebook that “Our goal is to overthrow the military regime. We will fight online to annihilate the core departments and businesses that prop up the regime” .
- In Ann Township, Rakhine State, a local, Thein Htay, 42-year-old stepped on a landmine and lost one of his legs on the way to the near forest, while the military announced on Feb 15 and Feb 17, on its Facebook-Tatmadaw Information Team that it had been clearing landmines in Rakhine State.
- Thousands of people took to the street today (Feb 18) for anti-coup protests, representing multi-ethnic nationalities around the downtown of Yangon, Sule, demanding the ending of the military dictatorship, repealing of the 2008 constitution, establishing of a new federal democratic union, and releasing of all detainees.
- Today, Feb (18), hundreds of trucks rallied with the people, thousands of CDM electricians and lawyers in Kale, Sagaing region on the 12th day of the anti-dictatorship.
- In the Sagaing region, monks in the Sagaing Hills began protesting today(Feb18) against a military coup, teachers and students also took part in the protest, leading the majority of monks.
- Hundreds of thousands of protesters in Bago gathered in front of the govt offices and demanded the Civil Disobedience Movement (CDM) today, the 11th day of the Bago anti-coup demonstration.
- Some donors living around Mandalay donated about 5 million kyats worth of vegetables to the CDM train workers in Mandalay, according to a donor.
- It is reported that a handmade mine exploded at the Shan State Rehabilitation Council RCSS/SSA liaison office at around 6 am this morning in ward 9, Kyaukme township, Northern Shan State.
- More than 5,000 people in Ingapu township, Ayeyarwady region, staged protests today in front of the township general administration office and Ingapu police office demanding the release of detained doctor from Mae Zaligone Hospital, the doctor’s wife said that he has been arrested by police force since Feb 11 and he could not be reached yet.