Email This Story :
- As of 8 PM, 4 Jan, a total of 16,990 samples were tested and found 590 new cases and 16 deaths. MoHS has reported 126,935 confirmed cases including 110,200 discharged, and 2,744 deaths.
- The government has proposed peace talks with the northern alliance; the Arakan Army (AA), the Kachin Independence Army (KIA), the Myanmar National Democratic Alliance Army (MNDAA), and the Ta’ang National Liberation Army (TNLA) regarding the initiated Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement in the second week of January, in Kyaing Tong, eastern Shan State, and Myitkyina, Kachin State, according to Lamai Khun Ja from Kachin Peace-Talk Creation Group (PCG).
- The two parties, the National League for Democracy and the Mon Unity Party have agreed to meet on Jan 4, and canceled due to disagreements between the two sides.
- President U Win Myint sent a message on the 73rd anniversary of Independence Day and it stated that the government was striving to establish a democratic federal union which has been the aspiration of all ethnic national citizens, aiming for the speedy cessation of internal armed conflicts and achieving eternal peace.
- The Myanmar police force announced that a group of people who stole and sold the total of 46,081,768 Kyats value vaccines(such as cervical cancer vaccine, hepatitis B vaccine, severe pneumonia vaccine ) in the central vaccine storage room in Mayangone Township were arrested.
- More than 1,000 workers from Myanmar have registered at the Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok to return via Myanmar-Thai Friendship Bridge (2), said U Ye Min, general manager of the Aid Alliance Committee for Burmese migrant workers in Thailand.