Email This Story :
- The “Five Twos” (22.2.2021) general strike against the military dictatorship began on the morning of 22 February across Myanmar_from the biggest cities, Yangon, Mandalay and Naypyidaw to the remote areas, it is expected to be the largest mass rally since the Feb 1 coup.
- The Pyidaungsu Hluttaw Representative Committee (CRPH) announced a statement on 22 February that Interim Public Administration Plan, the statement urged to the public collectively protect the security and the rule of law by themself, and the announcement added, the plan is only effective for the time being during the military regime.
- More than 250,000 baht has been donated to support staff who are participating in civil disobedience movement-CDM, according to the foundation named Khaine Myae Taw Lat Myar.
- Magway Division Pyithu Hluttaw member U Myint Oo was arrested on Feb 21.
- The Kuki ethnic youths made a prayer or homage ceremony to all the comrades who were killed by a coup d’état, with a glorious fall during the demonstrations. The ceremony was held at the Independence Monument in Tamu, Sagaing region on Feb20.
- A wreath-laying ceremony was held at the site of Maung Wai Yan Tun’s death yesterday near the Yadanarbon shipyard in Mandalay.
- The Military-operated foreign ministry has issued a statement that international communities are interfering in Myanmar’s internal affairs. The statement said, according to the 1961 Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, diplomats should not interfere in the internal affairs of the country and should respect the laws and regulations of the host country.