Email This Story :
- In the Myanmar big city, Yangon, in some townships, many cars are parked on the streets as a part of anti-coup protests by saying “Car Engine Failure”, along with, people including student unions extensively march in large-scale to streets for anti-coup protests today in the morning.
- Today, the anti-coup massive rally have been gaining across the country from Myanmar’s big city, Yangon, Mandalay, Naypyidaw, to other remote areas, after a second charge was filed against Suu Kyi yesterday.
- In Eainme, Ayeyarwady region, locals said that police, troops and authorities broke the doors, destroyed houses, and tried to arrest the people who helped CDM workers at nights, 3 staff from Immigration Department who joined the Civil Disobedience Movement and protested in the anti-coup demonstration have been arrested on the night of Feb 11 at around 11 p.m.
- The European Union announced on Feb 16 that it has temporarily suspended the project “Support to the Reform of Myanmar Police” which was a direct request by the Government and State Counselor with the aim to understand the best international practice and the highest standards in respecting human rights and it did not provide any equipment for armed policing. The announcement expressed that in light of interruption of the democratic transition as a result of military take-over of government control on Feb1, the EU considered the conditions were no longer in place for the project to operate and achieve the desired results.
- There has been no pressure and discussion from the military for more than six days even though the detained Yangon region Election Commission officials have not been released yet, according to Election Commission officials. A total of 98 election officials were being detained since Feb 10 at the military MP’s housing in the Bayintnaung Tatmadaw Interrogation and doctors were also providing for health care, said Chairman U Khin Maung Win, Yangon Western District Election Sub-commission.
- As of 8 PM, 16 Feb, a total of 111,9 samples were tested and found more 22 new cases and 2 deaths. MoHS has reported 141,659 of total confirmed cases including 130,859 discharged, and 3,192 deaths.
- It is reported that police dispersed the local anti-coup protesters in Pobba Thiri township, Naypyidaw, with water cannons and arrested more than 30 anti-coup protesters on Feb 15.