Email This Story :
- On Feb 18, Danish ambassador to Myanmar received a letter from Myanmar youth and he stated on its facebook that “these young people have shown up peacefully at the embassy for days. We think they deserve a future in a democratic Myanmar. We stand with the people of Myanmar to reinstate the democratically elected government”. Anti-coup Myanmar citizens especially youth try to deliver the letter to every foreign embassy in Myanmar about the current country situation.
- In Myitkyina, Kachin state, 3 protesters including a monk who protested peacefully yesterday (Feb 18) against the military dictatorship have been arrested.
- In Mandalay, about 16 members from the police force have joined the Civil Disobedience Movement (CDM).
- Protesters in Momauk, Kachin state, staged an anti-coup demonstration yesterday (Feb 18) calling on the civil servants to join the Civil Disobedience Movement (CDM), “ The future of young people looks bleak,” some Kachin youths who took part in the protest said.
- As of 8 PM, 18 Feb, a total of 889 samples were tested and found more 19 new cases and 1 death. MoHS has reported 141,709 of total confirmed cases including 131,171 discharged, and 3,193 deaths.
- It is reported that a sergeant clerk from the military has joined the Civil Disobedience Movement (CDM) in Monywa, Sagaing region, for the first time.
- The deposed Mandalay region Minister for Natural Resources and Environmental Conservation Dr. Myo Thit, charged under section 505(b) of Penal Code, was arraigned online on Feb 18.
- Human Rights Watch’s section imposed on Myanmar military_ on the leadership of the junta, as well as key conglomerates owned by the military, and their entities’ subsidiaries. In addition, Britain imposes sanctions on 3 top military officials, along with Canada imposes sanctions on 9 military officers.