Email This Story :
- The Pyidaungsu Hluttaw Representative Committee (CRPH) appointed Dr. Sasa as Special Envoy to the United Nations to perform the duties of on behalf of the committee Feb 22.
- U Htin Lin Aung has been appointed CRPH’s international relations representative on Feb 22.
- Military state administrative council said to ban media publishing if Myanmar media continued to use the term of “the government of military-coup”. The military council addressed a letter to the Myanmar Press Council not to use the term “the government of military-coup” since 11 Feb.
- 11 foreign ministry staff members who were involved in the CDM have been arrested on Feb18 by the coup junta, and charged under Section 505 (a) of the Criminal Code in Naypyidaw’s Dekkhina Thiri Township Court. According to family members, their detained places were unknown for 2 days.
- Residents protested by banging on pots and pans against a ward administrator, directly appointed by the military, in Shwe Pyay Aye Ward, Monywa, on February 22.
- Roads in front of the embassies where protesters often stage sit-in anti-coup protests were blocked with security barricades till this morning (Feb 23).
- Over hundreds of protesters in Naypyidaw have been arrested by the police force near staff housing, protesters’ cars, and motorcycles were also confiscated on the day of “two fives” general strike against the military dictatorship.
- Myanmar nationals in Thailand participated in the nationwide general strike against the military regime on Feb 22, they gathered in front of the UN office in Bangkok and prayed for the deceased in the recent deadly crackdowns in Myanmar.
- As of 8 PM, 22 Feb, a total of 686 samples were tested and found 11 more new cases and 1 death. MoHS has reported 141,761 of total confirmed cases including 131,318 discharged, and 3,197 deaths.