Email This Story :
- As of 8 PM, 21 Jan, a total of 19,147 samples were tested and found more 445 new cases and 16 deaths. MoHS has reported 136,166 of the total confirmed cases including 119,973 discharged, and 3,013 deaths.
- Myanmar has recorded the 58th highest death toll in more than 200 countries with 3,013 deaths, according to the Worldometers.
- Myanmar will receive 1.5 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines today(22Jan) and these will be administered to 750,000 people, said State Counselor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.
- More than 130 workers from the Hanmin garment factory in Shwelinban industrial zone, Hlaingtharyar township, protested in front of the factory after nine workers were fired for filing a complaint with the township labour department regarding the lack of legal rights, according to the chairwoman of the Federation of General Workers Myanmar.
- It is reported that Italian Agency for Development Cooperation donated 1 million EUR to Yangon region Covid-19 response services at the Aung Myint Mo Covid-19 treatment center in South Dagon township.
- New Hope Family Residence in Ayetharyar ward, Myitkyina, Kachin state, home for children whose families died because of AIDS, is in need of food and aid during the Covid-19 period, said U Al Zaw Mai from New Hope Family Residence.
- The chiefs ministers of regions and states will most possibly become from the ruling National League for Democracy (NLD) under the upcoming new government, said NLD spokesperson Dr. Zaw Myint Maung.