Email This Story :
- As of 8 PM, 24 Jan, a total of 18,706 samples were tested and found more 476 new cases and 17 deaths. MoHS has reported 137,574 of total confirmed cases including 121,558 discharged, and 3,062 deaths.
- Nearly 1,000 locals in Belin township, Mon state protested for the first time on Jan 24 against building military bases near and within the villages, according to locals.
- Health workers in Myanmar will be vaccinated against Covid-19 starting from Jan 27 as part of the initial phase, said an official from the Central Epidemiology Unit.
- Myanmar Cartoonists Association is organizing a fundraiser to purchase Covid-19 vaccines, according to chairman U Win Aung, Myanmar Cartoonists Association.
- People with pre-existing health conditions including hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer should receive Covid-19 vaccination because it could be risky if they become infected with Covid-19, according to the Ministry of Health and Sport.
- The government will soon provide 56.0766 billion kyats for additional 2,011,095 households who did not have access to the 4th Covid-relief funding program, said U Min Thu, minister for the Union Government Office.
- The Ministry of Health and Sport warned that the infection rate will rise again if people do not comply with the Covid-19 health guidelines, despite there being low infection cases currently.