Email This Story :
- As of 8 PM, 26 Jan, a total of 19,667 samples were tested and found more 411 new cases and 13 deaths. MoHS has reported 138,368 of total confirmed cases including 122, 781 discharged, and 3,082 deaths.
- Health workers and volunteers will be vaccinated against the Covid-19 today as a first priority, and nationwide vaccination will begin on Feb 5, according to the Ministry of Health and Sport.
- It is reported that clashes broke out between Tatmadaw and the Restoration Council of Shan State/ Shan State Army (RCSS/SSA) in Maingpan township, Linkhay District, Southern Shan State on Jan 25.
- Highly contagious coronavirus mutation has not been detected in Myanmar so far but people should be aware that the current coronavirus in Myanmar could change and mutate at any time, according to the Ministry of Health and Sport.
- It is reported that a total of 55 hotels in Yangon have campaigned to stop Covid-19 by installing yellow signboards.
- Myanmar expects the Kayin Done Yein traditional dance to be inscribed on the UNESCO World Intangible Cultural Heritage list, according to the Kayin State government.
- Persons affected by leprosy in Yaynanthar village, Mattayar township, Mandalay, are in need of food and aid during the Covid-19 period, according to the leprosy charity association in Yaynanthar village.
- It could not say that the military would take on the state responsibilities or not, said military spokesperson Major General Zaw Min Tun at a press conference on Tuesday regarding the response upon a reporter’s question about whether the military could be considered to seize power.
- Police in Thabeikkyin Township, Mandalay region said that they have arrested those who are injecting sodium cyanide into the village drinking water pool in Sin Hmwe Village. On Dec 21, 2020, a woman died after consuming water from this pool and leaving a man and another young woman in a dizzy and vomit.