Email This Story :
- As of 8 PM, 27 Jan, a total of 16,556 samples were tested and found more 434 new cases and 7 deaths. MoHS has reported 138,802 of the total confirmed cases including 123,170 discharged, and 3,089 deaths.
- It is reported that thousands of locals in Mon and Kayin state protested against the Tatmadaw and demanded the immediate withdrawal of all military bases in the areas under the control of the Karen National Union (KNU) Brigade 1.
- 200 health workers from the Mandalay University of Medicine were inoculated against Covid-19 on Jan 27, the vaccination would be given in the next few days, said Dr. Khin Maung Lwin, rector of the University of Medicine (Mandalay).
- Thailand is planning the repatriation process of 402 detained Myanmar migrant workers in Ranong, the town at the Thai-Myanmar border and 166 to be returned home in the first batch, according to the Ranong Mayor.
- In northern Shan State, a 35-years-old man was injured in a landmine explosion in Kyaukme township on Jan 26, said U Tin Maung Thein, chairman of the Ziwita volunteer group.
- More than $ 1,000 million worth of drugs and related materials, nearly 20,000 drug offenders have been arrested in 2020, more than double the number in 2019, as of Myanmar Police Force.