Email This Story :
- As of 8 PM, 28 Dec, a total of 19,108 samples were tested and found 648 new cases and 17 deaths. MoHS has reported 122,534 confirmed cases including 104,351 discharged, and 2,618 deaths.
- 36 townships have been reported thousands of Covid-19 cases, including 29 townships in Yangon region, 5 townships in Mandalay region, each township in the Rakhine, and Bago region respectively, Yangon has the highest number of Covid-19 infection with more than 80,000, Mandalay ranks 2nd with more than 13,000, and Bago is 3rd with more than 7,000 according to the Ministry of Health and Sport.
- In the Wa Self-Administered Division, as of 28 Dec, a total of 9,173 samples were tested and 19 people were found positive with Covid-19 in Pangkham and 26 in Mongpauk District, 45 confirmed cases in total according to the Covid-19 control committee formed by the United Wa State Army (UWSA).
- On Dec 28, there were almost 300 people, including nationalist monks gathered and processed for supporting Tatmadaw in downtown Yangon where a Stay-at-Home order was issued.
- Out of 606 new confirmed cases, 84 Covid-19 patients had lost their sense of smell and Yangon ranks 1st with 228 cases, Mandalay is 2nd with 121 cases, Ayeyarwady is 3rd with 85 cases as of the statement of MoHS on Dec 28.
- U Hla Swe, also known as Bullet Hla Swe, who has been charged with defamation and fled for more than a year as a fugitive, turned himself in to the police on Dec 28, according to the Yangon Western District Court.
- The Union Solidarity and Development Party (USDP) has submitted nearly 200 election objections on Dec 28, said Daw Yin Min Myint Swe, party spokesperson.
- Across Myanmar, more than 2,080 fires occurred within one year, loss of over 6,500 million Kyats, and exceeding 3,000 million Kyat more than last year, according to the Myanmar Fire Force.