Email This Story :
- As of 8 PM, 28 Jan, a total of 16,378 samples were tested and found more 350 new cases and 14 deaths. MoHS has reported 139,152 of total confirmed cases including 123,556 discharged, and 3,103 deaths.
- The suspension period of military operations will be extended until 28 February 2021 in all areas except for those where terrorist groups are active, with the aim to continue to hold talks with ethnic armed groups for durable peace, to implement the peace process smoothly and successfully, and to contain Covid-19, according to the statement of the office of Commander-in-Chief of Defence Service on Jan 28.
- Neither individuals nor organizations can change the voters’ will beyond the laws and there is no electoral fraud due to the weakness of voter lists, according to a statement of the Union Election Commission (UEC) issued on Jan 28.
- Nearly 5,000 locals have been displaced due to clashes between Tatmadaw and the Karen National Union (KNU) on the border of Kayin and Bago region, said Kayin CSOs.
- 13 undocumented immigrants from northern Shan State were arrested in Pathein, Ayeyarwaddy region on Jan 27, according to the Regional Police Force.
- The United Nations aims to provide US $ 276.5 million for around 945,000 people in conflict-affected areas; Kachin, Kayin, eastern Bago, Rakhine, southern Chin, and northern Shan, in Myanmar under the Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP) 2021, according to the United Nations OCHA Myanmar.
- If the constitution is not respected or abided by, it can be abolished, Commander-in-Chief of Defence Services Senior General Min Aung Hlaing said at a video conferencing meeting with senior instructors and military officers on Jan 27, according to the statement of Tatmadaw True News Information Team.
- The United Nations Secretary-General urges to respect the result of the Myanmar November general election, according to Secretary-General’s statement issued on Jan 28.
- Foreign diplomatic missions in Myanmar released a joint Statement today (Jan 29) that urgeing the Tatmadaw (Military) and all other parties in Myanmar, to adhere to democratic norms and values and to accept the outcome of the general election result.