Email This Story :
31 December 2020
- The Ministry of Transport and Communications has announced that the temporary suspension period for international air travel to Myanmar will be further extended to 31 January 2021.
- As of 30 Dec 2020, MoHS has reported that a total of 17,010 samples have been tested from 8pm on Dec29 to 8pm on Dec30, and there have been 587 new more confirmed cases of Covid-19 including 27 deaths.
- The Union Election Commission (UEC) has said that the Tatmadaw’s voter list scrutiny is not based on the latest voter list for the Nov 8, 2020 general election. According to UEC, the Tatmadaw’s voter list scrutiny is relied on the second time voter lists checking ( from Oct 1 to 14), in this there are amendment, complaint and supplement forms related to the voter list (such as Form 3 and Form 4-C).
- Police in Myanmar were not infected with Covid-19 during the first wave, but in the second wave, more than 1,200 police officers across the country have been infected, said the police Chief Kyaw Thiha, a spokesperson for the Myanmar Police Headquarters.
- The military would do everything that takes to comply with the laws to address voter list irregularities of the 2020 general election, said a military spokesperson at the military news conference in Naypyidaw on Dec 30.