Email This Story :
- As of 8 PM, 3 Jan, a total of 17,662 samples were tested and found 729 new cases and 17 deaths. MoHS has reported 126,345 confirmed cases including 109,548 discharged, and 2,728 deaths.
- Health workers will be vaccinated against Covid-19 as first priority, starting next February, State Counselor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi said in the New Year speech.
- People in Insein Prison, who violated nighttime Covid-curfew have been infected with Covid-19, bringing the total number of positive cases to 16, according to a prison official.
- After a two-week of Stay-at-Home in Mandalay, Covid-19 infection rate has dropped from 8 percent to 4 percent and the number of suspect patients coming to the hospital has decreased as of the regional public health department.
- More than 50 inmates at Bago prison tested positive after one inmate died of Covid-19 on Jan 1, said Dr. Yan Naing Maung, Director of Regional Health Department.
- It is reported that people from other states and regions, and returnees from abroad are allowed to enter Mon state and those have to pay 50,000 kyats per person for 7 days of quarantine.More than 75 percent of the winning NLD candidates have registered about the net worth and personal finances of each candidate, according to Monywa Aung Shin, NLD Central Information Committee Secretary.