Email This Story :
- A meeting hosted by the recently military-formed Union Election Commission (UEC), between the political parties was held at the UEC office in NayPyiTaw this morning(Feb26). Of the around 91 total political parties in Myanmar, almost 50 attended and the rest of parties refused to attend the meeting as a boycott of the military, as well as not recognizing UEC under the military administration.
- More than 100 security forces violently crackdown and brutality arrested 2 journalists during the anti-coup demonstration of about 1,000 protesters at MyayNiGone, Yangon, on the morning of Feb.26.
- Police forcely dispersed thousands of anti-coup demonstrators who were peacefully rallying around the UN offices and International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), in Yangon this morning on Feb.26.
- A Japanese freelance journalist had been released just after 4:00 p.m., after he was forcibly taken and detained by the security forces in Yangon today around 11a.m local time while covering street anti-military demonstrations.
- Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-O-Cha said on the evening of Feb 24 that the recent meeting with the State Administrative Council-appointed Foreign Minister U Wunna Maung Lwin in Thailand was not an official meeting.
- Today, members of Myanmar Seamen Union, students and alumni from Myanmar Mercantile Marine College marched on Aung Mingalar road, Kyaukmyaung, Tamwe township, as a support for the residents. Last night, security forces raided the wards in Kyauk Myaung, Tamwe township, and opened fire into the protesters who opposed the military backed ward administrators, more than 30 residents have been arrested.
- More than 100,000 people including 4,000 teachers protested against the military regime on the 26th day of the military coup in Dawei, Tanintharyi region.
- 3 cabinet ministers and the Chief Justice of Magway region were released On February 25, after signing a confession that it must abide by the existing rules of the military council that is not participating in CDM and anti-coup activities.
- A clash broke out today at around 12 noon between the State Administration Council’s military(Tatmataw) and the KNU-KNLA in the areas controlled by the KNLA 6th Brigade, in Kawkareik, Kayin state, and four men from Tatmataw were found shot in the street according to the local.