The military coup is a firm step on the path to democracy that fits the real situation of Myanmar, remarked Senior General Min Aung Hlaing at the first meeting of the Union Government at the Presidential Palace in Naypyidaw on February 2.
Myanmar National Airlines, Domestic and Overseas Relief Flights which has been suspended until the end of this month, will be resumed on February 4.
In Rakhine State, 4G internet has been restored in all townships.
On Feb 2, the State Administrative Council recently appointed 6 Chairmen of Self-Administered Divisions or Local Administrative Committees.
All Burma Students’ Democratic Front(ABSDF) issued a statement today condemning the military coup.
The military raided NLD offices in Myitkyina and Mandalay, according to locals.
- The military has ordered the members of parliament at Naypyidaw’s government housing to leave within 24 hours.
- Health workers from Yangon General Hospital, Mandalay Orthopedic Hospital, and Hkamti Hospital are conducting a Red Ribbon Campaign today against the military coup.
- There is no need to worry about revoking money and regular banking services will continue as usual, according to the statement of The Central Bank Myanmar (CBM) regarding the rumors about K 5000 and K 10000 banknotes would be revoked and banks in the country would be closed.
- Naypyidaw Deputy Mayor U Ye Min Oo and members of Naypyidaw Development Committee were dismissed from their duties, according to the statement of the State Administrative Council on Feb 3.
- A total of 71 engineers from MYTEL, a telecommunications company, partly owned by the military, Sagaing branch in Monywa township announced that they will resign starting from today (Feb 3) as a protest of military coup.
- The US State Department officially confirmed that the military detention of State Counselor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi and President U Win Myint was a coup and it will stop assistance to Myanmar, except humanitarian aid and aid for CSOs.
- Myanmar Federation of Trade Unions (CTUM) announces today on its Facebook that it resigns from government-employer-workers tripartite mechanisms, and acknowledges the results of the 2020 election and strongly condemns the Military’s seizure of power.
- Covid-19 Contact Tracing Team, a group of more than 2,000 volunteers from 7 medical schools, has suspended its activities as a protest of military coup.