Some detained Chief Ministers of State and Region including Magway, Mon, Yangon, Shan, Bago, Mandalay, Kayin (Karen), Tanintharyi and Sagaing were released and placed under house arrest.
The National League for Democracy (NLD) has called for the immediate release of all detainees, including President Win Myint and State Counselor Aung San Suu Kyi, and the recognition of the 2020 election results.
The Covid-19 vaccination program will continue as originally planned.
Some university students’ unions and officially known local organizations in Myanmar have issued statements condemning military seizes of power and detention of the officials.
U Than Swe was appointed as chairman of the Union Civil Service Board, according to the Office of the Commander-in-Chief of the Defense Service on Feb 1.
- Newly 11 appointed Union Ministers of the military-run government include,
- U Wunna Maung Lwin Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Lt-Gen Soe Htut Ministry of Home Affairs and Office of Union Government
- General Mya Htun Oo Ministry of Defence
- Lt-Gen Tun Tun Naung Ministry of Border Affairs
- U Win Shein Ministry of Planning, Finance and Industry
- U Aung Naing Oo Ministry of Investment and Foreign Economic Relations
- U Ko Ko Hlaing Ministry of International Cooperation
- U Chit Naing Ministry of Information
- U Ko Ko Ministry of Religious Affairs and Culture
- U Myint Kyaing Ministry of Labour, Immigration, and Population
- Dr. Thet Khaing Win Ministry of Health and Sport
- Rakhine state Hluttaw chairman, Chief Minister and its members have not been released yet, local MP U Min Aung told DVB.
Myanmar nationals in Thailand protested in front of the Myanmar embassy in Bangkok on the morning of Feb 2 against the military coup and Senior General Min Aung Hlaing.