30 December 2020
- As of 8 PM, 29 Dec, a total of 18,098 samples were tested and found 619 new cases and 19 deaths. MoHS has reported 123,153 confirmed cases including 105,279 discharged, and 2,637 deaths.
- Myanmar has extended Covid-19 preventive measures excluding those which are to be relaxed or tightened, until the end of January 2021 to contain the virus infection according to the Central Committee for Prevention, Control, and Treatment of Covid-19.
- The National League for Democracy (NLD) has submitted 17 election objections regarding misconduct cases in the 2020 general election, said Dr.Zaw Myint Maung, Vice Chairman of NLD.
- It is reported that more than 600 people have been displaced in Kyaukme, northern Shan State, and blankets and warm clothes are mainly needed due to the cold weather, according to a refugee committee member.
- Out of 648 new confirmed cases, 98 Covid-19 patients had lost their sense of smell and Yangon ranks 1st with 257 cases, Mandalay is 2nd with 184 cases, Bago is 3rd with 61 cases as of the statement of MoHS on Dec 29.
- The three delegation from National League for Democracy (NLD) will leave for Kachin State today (Dec 30) to hold talks with ethnic political parties, said Dr.Zaw Myint Maung, Vice Chairman of NLD.
- It is reported that the Yangon-based charity organization, also known as “We love Yangon” is building a 300-bed hospital in South Dagon township that can accommodate Covid-19 patients.