- The military council has been appointed new administrators while the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw Representative Committee-CRPH is planning to form ward / village or township level public administrations. Across the country, there are a lot of protests against newly appointed ward or township administrators directly appointed by the military council.
- Film, music and literature associations issued a joint statement that objected to the charges, threatened and arbitrarily detained the group of people in the art industry, and called for the immediate release of all detainees, and the withdrawal of them in the charged list.
- The Kayah State Democratic Party (KySDP), the Kayan National Party (KNA) and the Arakan League for Democracy (ALD) will not attend the meeting to be held on Feb 26 in Naypyidaw with political parties hosted by the military-run Union Election Commission, said officials.
- In Magway region, locals protested in front of the police station in Minbu on Wednesday (Feb 24) demanding the release of eight youths detained.
- A border town in Shan state, Muse, a group of gunmen in plain clothes opened fire in three places at around 5 am on Feb 24, killing two people, according to a local.
- As of 8 PM, 24 Feb, a total of 1,112 samples were tested, and found 33 more new cases. MoHS has reported 141,816 of total confirmed cases including 131,405
discharged, and 3,197 deaths.
- The Karen National Union (Taungoo District) will not accept administrative mechanisms of the State Administration Council (SAC) and the Pyidaungsu Hluttaw Representative Council (CRPH) but it will continue to operate in accordance with the KNU’s existing administrative mechanisms in Taungoo district, according to a statement on Feb 24.
- The military-operated Magway Region Hluttaw Office issued an order suspending 30 staff who participated in CDM, from their duty on 23 February. According to the order, it was because those suspended members posted on social media about their activities of Red Ribbon and CDM, and not attending the offices for no reason.